Optimising the environment where the follicles develop.
Improving the quality of the endometrial lining thus increasing the chances of embryo implantation.
What treatments we typically prescribe?
There have been various studies conducted by reputable institutions and organizations that have explored the potential benefits of acupuncture in supporting IVF outcomes.
Some noteworthy research institutions and organizations that have contributed to the body of research on acupuncture and IVF include:
- The Cochrane Collaboration: This global independent network of researchers and healthcare professionals conducts systematic reviews of healthcare interventions, including studies on acupuncture and IVF.
- The British Acupuncture Council: This professional body in the UK promotes high standards of practice, research, and education in acupuncture. They have conducted research and compiled resources related to acupuncture and IVF.
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM): ASRM has published guidelines and statements on the use of complementary and alternative medicine, including acupuncture, as an adjunct to fertility treatments.
- Various universities and fertility clinics: Numerous academic institutions and fertility centers have conducted their own studies exploring the effects of acupuncture on IVF outcomes. These studies are often published in scientific journals and contribute to the collective knowledge on the subject.
It’s important to note that while there is some research suggesting potential benefits of acupuncture in supporting IVF, the overall evidence is still evolving, and more high-quality studies are needed to establish definitive conclusions. It is recommended that individuals interested in exploring acupuncture as a complementary therapy during IVF consult with their healthcare providers and seek practitioners who are appropriately trained and licensed in acupuncture.
About your Condition
If you haven’t start the IVF procedure yet, herbal medicine and Moxi-Acupuncuture would be suitable for you. As it is worth to take 2-3 months time to adjust your internal environment and get prepared for the better eggs‘ quality and conception.
If you already have your IVF planed and started the hormone injection, you might not be suggested to take herbal medicine. So the Moxi-Acupuncture will be the best choice to help with nourishing follicles and growing endometrial lining. The treatment are suitable to do 1-2 times per week.
No matter which situation you are, the acupuncture points and treatment strategies are always different between follicular phase and luteal phase. So always let your practitioner know which day you are in your cycle, you practitioner analysis your case better and offer the best treatment.
- Unable to conceive naturally
Results can varies to different couples, depends on age and health background. But there are some other indications can be monitoring how much benefit you have gain from the treatment, such as stress level, sleeping quality and period condition.